2020 \ 2021 Tryouts Times and Dates- TBA
Tryout Registration is Closed:
There is a $20 tryout fee (one time fee), per player. You must pre-register and pre-pay the tryout fee online.
All tryouts are held at:
Weaver Fields Athletic Complex – 2883 Weaver Rd. Lancaster, PA
IF YOU HAVE MISSED TRYOUTS, LANCASTER ELITE WELCOMES YOU TO ATTEND A Fall 2019 TRAINING SESSION WITH OUR TEAMS. FOR TRAINING SESSION TIMES AND LOCATIONS PLEASE CONTACT US:
Boys Elite Director, email@example.com
Girls Elite Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
We anticipate to welcome a record number of youth at our 2020-2021 Elite program tryouts! As the premier regional soccer club, Lancaster Elite offers top coaching, multi-level league play, and tournaments including State Cup. Lancaster Elite is also excited to offer the benefits of being a North American Partner Club with La Liga Team RCD Espanyol
2019 – 2020 Lancaster Elite Tryout Dates (Weaver Turf Fields)
**Players should bring the following to tryouts: Ball and water.
**Candidates should arrive to their 1st tryout location 15 minutes early to receive a tryout jersey.
**Independent evaluators and coaches will be used in the evaluation process.
If you have any questions about what age group your son or daughter should be trying out for or questions about the tryout process, please contact: Boys Elite Director, Marcos Emig, at email@example.com OR Girls Elite Director, Dan Mulholland at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fee Schedule for 2019/20 season
U9/U10– $650.00 (1 Fall Tournament and our Lancaster Summer Classic, Fall/Spring Season, Winter Training)
U11/U12– $850 to $1,100.00 (2 Tournaments and our Lancaster Summer Classic, Fall/Spring Season, Winter Training)
U13 – U15– $925 to $1,225 (2 Tournaments plus our Lancaster Summer Classic, Fall/Spring Season (Possible Premiere), Winter Training)
U16+– $895 to $1,195 (2 Tournaments plus our Lancaster Summer Classic, Winter Showcase, Winter Training and Spring Season/Tournaments)
There is a non-refundable commitment fee of $150.00 included in your fees.
We offer family friendly payment plans.
Questions: Please Contact Us
Age Groups (Birth Year)
|Age Groups (birth year)|
U9 – 2011
U10 – 2010
U11 – 2009
U12 – 2008
U13 – 2007
U14 – 2006
U15 – 2005
U16 – 2004
U17 – 2003
U18 – 2002
Tryout Selection Policy
Thank you for your interest in trying out for Lancaster Elite! We are a community-proud soccer program competing on a state-wide platform. Our tryout and selection process is designed ensure that all players receive a fair opportunity to be selected for an Elite team.
Player eligibility for Lancaster Elite teams is determined by birth year. Players who will turn 7 or 8 during the year that tryouts are held may try out for the U9 Lancaster Elite teams.
Team Size by Age:
U9/U10 – 7v7 (maximum roster of 13 players)
U11/U12 – 9v9 (maximum roster of 15 players)
U13-U19 – 11v11 (maximum roster of 18 players)
Tryouts are held once a year in the spring and consist of two sessions. The results of these tryouts determine the teams for the following consecutive fall, winter, and spring seasons. Players must attend at least one session for evaluation and are strongly encouraged to attend both.
Players will participate in a series of drills, game situations, and small sided team games. The evaluators consist of experienced coaches and trainers. Evaluators’ scores will be calculated and averaged for the most accurate assessment of each player.
Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to start time. Parents/guardians must register the player onlineprior to the first tryout session. Players will be issued a tryout shirt with a unique number and are required to wear that shirt for each session.
Wear cleats and shin guards.
Bring an appropriately sized soccer ball.
Ball control and dribbling skills.
Accurate passing of different ranges.
Off the ball movement and work.
* Players will have more success if they prepare in advance through ball touches at home.
** If you are interested in playing goalkeeper, please let the evaluators know upon arrival.
Teams will be formed for each age group as determined by the number of qualified players available. Teams will be chosen based on skill level, fitness, and intangibles like effort and positive attitude. There is no guarantee that a second or third team will be formed. If multiple teams are formed for an age category, the travel selection committee will determine the best team format (equal strength v. graded teams).
Player selection will be determined through a combination of tryout results and coach recommendations. The Lancaster Elite selection committee will work with coaches to determine the roster for the upcoming seasons. Accepted players will be notified as soon as possible after the end of tryouts. Please remember that having previously played for a team does not guarantee a spot on a team for the next season.
Lancaster Elite Play Up Policy
Lancaster Elite believes players U-9 to U-12 develop better at their age appropriate level than at an age level above. U-9 to U-12 Players are required to attend the 1st and 2nd tryout at their age appropriate level and gender. The club recognizes that some talented players may be ready to be considered for the next age level within the club’s competitive team structure. Players between the U13 and U16 Age Group are required to attend the first Tryout within their respective age group. Players between the U13 and U16 Age Group attempting to “play up” may attend the second tryout with the subsequent age group. U17/U18 Players will attend both Tryouts as a combined group, but will be separated in post evaluations to determine roster placements.
Try-outs: The Club Technical Director and Elite Directors will observe the player at the try-outs to determine if he/she is among the prospective starters for the next age level team and one of the strongest players of the age appropriate team. If the athlete is not evaluated as a prospective starter on the next age level team and one of the strongest players of the age appropriate team, then the process ends here. If the athlete is evaluated as a prospective starter on the next age level team and one of the strongest players of the age appropriate team, then the process moves on to the Team Impact Stage.
If the player has reached this stage and has been approved by The Club Technical Director and Elite Directors and has met the expectations required to play on the next age level team. However, the following considerations must still be met for the player to be invited to play on the next age level team:
- If an under age player will displace a promising age appropriate player, the player will not be approved to play on the next age level team, even if the under aged player is a more skilled soccer player. An age appropriate player that shows promise as a developing soccer player cannot be displaced by the under age player. In this case, the under age player will be invited, and required, to play at their age appropriate level.
- If by playing up in the next age level the player leaves the age appropriate team without sufficient numbers to field a viable team, the under age player will be invited, and required, to play at their age appropriate level.
(If it is determined that an under age player was approved to play at the next age level, but was ultimately not permitted under either part 1 or 2 of the Team Impact criterion, then the Club will look at the possibility of ‘dual registration.’ Dual registration allows the player to be registered to both teams. It further requires the player to play and practice with the age appropriate team first, but will permit them to play and practice with the next age level team as scheduling permits.)
Lancaster Elite reserves the right to move players when it will be in the best interest of developing the player and to maintain a team at a particular age group. This discretion is NOT bound by any of the guidelines in the Playing Up consideration process. The Club reserves the right to build teams based on, but not limited to, the following considerations:
- There are some situations where the club will ask a player to play up if it makes the overall numbers for the teams more favorable.
- An under age player may be asked to play on the next age level team when it is deemed he/she has clearly demonstrated exceptional play on the age appropriate team the previous season.
- A player may be asked to play up or even downwhen team continuity becomes threatened. The Club will always attempt to field a team at each age group and keep as many kids playing as possible.
- In the event there is not a team in a particular age group and a team is formed combining two age groups, the younger players will not be considered “playing up” for that year.
- If, after try outs, a team is still not full, the team’s coaches may consider younger players for their team ONLY if the age appropriate team is full. These players can only be considered with the approval of the The Club Technical Director and Elite Directors. The following year, all players will be required to try out for their appropriate age group and/or request to try out for the next level age group, following the policy outlined above.